Submitted By ChloeGutierrez
It takes a STRONG HEART to love but it takes a STRONGER HEART to continue to love after it has been hurt.
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears....
1. There are days when you need someone who just wants to be your sunshine and not the air you breathe. ~Robert Brault
2. Without a single thought, two hands collide and the world finally makes sense again. ~Kayla Dawn
3. Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. ~Flavia Weedn
4. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. ~Oprah Winfrey
5. Sometimes you have to get to know someone really well to realize you’re really strangers. ~Mary Tyler Moore
6. Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky. ~Rainer Maria Rilke
7. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with. ~Wayne W. Dyer
8. Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. ~Kahlil Gibran
9. Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
10. When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca
11. Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river. ~Malagasy Proverb
12. For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow. ~Rosemonde Gerard
13. Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense. ~Mark Overby
14. Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end. ~Author Unknown
15. Love – a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker. ~Author Unknown
16. Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. ~Peter Ustinov
17. Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that. ~Michael Leunig
18. Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame. ~Henry David Thoreau
19. A baby is born with a need to be loved – and never outgrows it. ~Frank A. Clark
20. Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. ~Robert Heinlein
21. The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough. ~George Moore
22. We loved with a love that was more than love. ~Edgar Allan Poe
23. The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands. ~Quoted by Alexandra Penney
24. Love is, above all, the gift of oneself. ~Jean Anouilh
25. Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly. ~Rose Franken
26. Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. ~Henry Van Dyke
27. When you’re in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks. ~Natalie Clifford Barney
28. Love doesn’t sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all of the time, made new. ~Ursula K. Le Guin
29. Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. ~Robert Frost
30. Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. ~Zora Neale Hurston
31. Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren’t even there before. ~Mignon McLaughlin
32. A man is not where he lives, but where he loves. ~Latin Proverb
33. Be everything with so much love in your heart that you would never want to do it any other way. ~Amrit Desai
34. You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving. ~Author Unknown
35. Love is what you’ve been through with somebody. ~James Thurber
36. Love is being stupid together. ~Paul Valery
37. I learned the real meaning of love. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people, you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting. ~Sylvester Stallone
38. In dreams and in love, there are no impossibilities. ~ Author Unknown
39. To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven. ~ Karen Sunde
40. Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again. ~ Author Unknown
41. From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being. ~ Author Unknown
42. Love is the beauty of the soul. ~ Author Unknown
43. The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart of heart. ~ Author Unknown
44. Kiss me and you will see the stars; love me and I will give them to you. ~ Author Unknown
45. This is the true measure of love: When we believe that we alone can love, that no once could ever have loved before us, and that no one will ever love the same way after us.
46. A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love. ~ Max Muller
47. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
48. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. ~ Mother Teresa
49. A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him. ~ Brendan Francis
50. Where there is love there is life. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
51. We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone. ~ Orson Welles
52. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
53. Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. ~ C. S. Lewis
54. A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy. ~ George Jean Nathan
55. A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. ~ Ingrid Bergman
56. Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. ~ Bruce Lee
57. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. ~ Mother Teresa
58. Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.’ ~ Erich Fromm
59. The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. ~ Victor Hugo
60. Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is. ~ Jim Morrison
So that’s it. I hope you enjoyed reading these quotes. Please feel free to browse original love quotes from heart to heart.
Your first mistake was letting me go. Your second mistake was giving me the chance to realize that I am happier now without you, than I was with you.
The best feeling comes when you realize that you're perfectly happy without the people you thought you needed the most.
I am still determined to be cheerful and to be happy in whatever situation I may be, for I have learnt from experience that the greater part of happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not upon our circumstances. (=
#GoodEveningFolks #LifeGoesOn #TigersBaseBall #SorrySaMalakingFace…...